Kathmandu Day Tour includes sightseeing over Kathmandu city only. You might not be aware of this. But, when we say Kathmandu sightseeing, we mean the 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites. And these heritage sites are dispersed in three districts of the Kathmandu Valley. The districts are Bhaktapur, Lalitpur, and Kathmandu itself.
You can have a separate tour of these towns if you are interested in exploring ancient cities.
These city tours will show you the rich culture of the ethnic Newa community. As well as, it will also give you an introduction to Nepalese architecture through the architectural marvels, dated centuries back.
You can witness harmony between Buddhism and Hinduism during your visit to Kathmandu. Sightseeing in Kathmandu is a perfect way of getting in touch with the rich Nepalese history too.
Unlike the other two cities of Kathmandu Valley, Kathmandu was the centre of power. Many rulers ruled over Nepal from this very city until democracy hits Nepal in 2008.
Even today, this city houses all the national and international officials and offices. But, we will do sightseeing at heritage sites and some significant landmarks of the town. You will start your day by sightseeing at Budhanilkantha Temple. It is one of the ancient temples of Nepal and carries an interesting value in itself.
Besides the Budhanilkantha temple, the other four destinations are UNESCO World Heritage sites. We would be visiting the four most close heritage sites of Kathmandu. All these heritage sites have their own importance.
Kathmandu Day Tour Highlights
- Sightseeing at four UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Valley
- Witness Nitya Puja at Budhanilkantha Temple
- Witness evening aarati at Pashupatinath temple
- Visit the famous monasteries of Bauddhanath
- Get a glimpse of the entire Kathmandu Valley from Swyambhunath Stupa
- Take a glimpse of Kumari, “the living goddess of Nepal”, if possible
- Tour of Medival Palace of Kathmandu
- Tour of the Museum at Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Try local newari food