Round Annapurna Circuit Trek is a blend of a challenging walk, natural beauty, cultural diversity, exceptional views of the Himalayan Ranges, waterfalls, glaciers, gorges, and the company of friendly and nice people. Thus, adding an excursion to Tilicho lake makes it more of a trek worth doing. It is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Well, Tilicho was designated as the highest lake in the world until Kajin Sara was discovered. Both of these lakes are situated in Manang, Nepal.
Tilichco lake trek is quite a challenging trek. There are no teahouses or lodges on the way to Tilicho, thus, trekkers must do camping to reach there. The trek requires more than your physical and mental fitness. It requires you to quit luxury or any service that you get during trekking.
The trek means leaving your comfort aside if you want to conquer Tilicho. And, whoever has reached there has never regretted their decision of going there.
Round Annapurna with Tilicho Highlights
- Tilicho Lake Excursion
- Explore the villages of Manang
- Explore the lifestyle and culture of Manang
- Enjoy the splendid landscapes of Manang and Mustang
- Pass the challenging passes
- Walking behind Annapurna Ranges
- Glimpses of Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Mt. Annapurna I (8,091m) Mt. Manaslu (8,163 m), Mt. Annapurna II (7,937 m), Mt. Annapurna III (7,555m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7,525m), Mt. Annapurna south (7,219m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,041m), Mt. Fishtail also called Mt. Machhapuchhare (6,998m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6,441m), Mt. Lamjung Himal (6,986m), Tukuche peak (6,920m), and Tilicho peak (7,134m).
Outlines of the trek
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing and trek preparation
Day 3: Kathmandu to Jagat
Day 4: Jagat to Dharapani
Day 5: Dharapani to Chame
Day 6: Chame to Upper Pisang
Day 7: Upper Pisang to Manang
Day 8: Acclimatization at Manang
Day 9;: Manang to Siri Kharka
Day 10: Siri Kharka to TIlicho Base Camp
Day 11: Visit Tilicho Base Camp and back to Siri Kharka
Day 12: Siri Kharka to Yak Kharka
Day 13: Yak Kharka to Thorang Phedi
Day 14: Thorang Phedi to Muktinath via Thorang La Pass
Day 15: Muktinath to Tatopani
Day 16: Tatopani to Ghorepani
Day 17: Ghorepani to Pokhara
Day 18: Pokhara Exploration
Day 19: Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 20: Free Day
Day 21: Departure